Last Minute Help Needed! (higher end cpu & vid q's)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Seriously, Benefits of 2 VidCards vs 1 High End Card? Set This Straight.

Yep. The crossfire 4850's in games like Age of Conan even beats 2x GTX 280 in SLI.

i thought AoC didn't play well with any duel card setup?

Still a little confused about whether I should stick with CF4850s or opt for a single card :confused:

Im amazed with the popularity of crossfire-sli that I cannot find a hard and fast reason why two good cards are better than one great one.

CF 4850's> 1 4870

4870x2/4870CF > CF 4850

crossfire is just more important on larger resolutions, if it's a small one it just doesn't scale as great

I personally wouldn't crossfire on a small resolution like that.... But then again, if you already have an x38/x48 board and capable psu, I say why not. In the end its only a couple bucks more (w/rebates) than a 4870

but I want to be future proof.

the answer lies in the question

I personally wouldn't crossfire on a small resolution like that.... But then again, if you already have an x38/x48 board and capable psu, I say why not. In the end its only a couple bucks more (w/rebates) than a 4870

...and Ive got the rampage board which as best as I can understand it will run them both at 16x. That aside, if Im not going to see major differences by adding the second 4850 (tangent here from the thread) I could save $180. Im not poor, but I also dont want to bite on the "eh, what the ****" mentality if I am not really going to see results.

stick w/ one. Not really necessary until you get into the bigger resolutions. You can always add later when it becomes cheaper if you feel the need for it.

Ya for some reason both company's cream of the crop cards in SLI or Crossfire can't scale for crap (Mostly applies to Dual-GPU cards)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom