silver stone stf60 enough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poizen22

Camera junky
is my power suplyenought to pwer 2 gtx 260 a q6600 over clcoekd cpu, 3 dvd drives, one hdd, and a waer cooling loop. that is my psu NCIX.com - Buy Silverstone Strider ST60F 600W ATX12V 24PIN Modular Power Supply W/120MM Fan Active PFC - SST-ST60F In Canada. its a 56 amp, id is suposably around 44.8 amps after efficiency loss. ps i was gonna order a gtx280 friday but i have a pnone bill to pay and i decided il get sli gtx260 il get oen this pay the next next pay, plus i wana buy a zune the 80gb model is now available in canada.

Re: silver stone stf60 enought?

No, the 600W psu will most likely not cut it, or cut it too close to be safe.

According to Nvidia, you need at least a 700W psu with at least 50A on the 12V rails for SLI with GTX 260's.

Re: silver stone stf60 enought?

silverstone is the best lol, if you need 50 amps min, u prob have no choice but to go up,especially if your gonna overclock the cards, unless theres a cheaper psu that has over 60 amps at 750w.

EDIT; the silverstone 750w has got 72 amps that will do you fine, or you could go with the 750tx like jumper said, even though it has 60amps thatll be fine too and save you some cash.

also have a look at the PMP's by cowon, they offere much better audio quality and support FLAC, i have cowon d2 which sleek audio 6 headphones, it is the best :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom