Screen Resolution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dempoi

Solid State Member
Hello.
I have a 22" Monitor and i have had this system for just over 2 weeks.
The whole time i have has my maximum resolution on 1680 X 1050.

I've come home , switched my system on and the resolution is strange. Instead of the image being stretched all over the screen my desktop is displayed more on the right of the screen , all the text looks strange and if i want to go from the left side of desktop to the right side i have to move my cursor as far right as i can and then the desktop seems to scroll across
and the same goes for the top and bottom.

My max resolution is no longer 1680 X 1050 either, it now is 2560 X 1600.

Does anyone have any ideas/suggestions. Thank you in advance for any help

Sorry, but is this a persistant problem?

Is you desktop now loading fine on reboot?
Do you need to know how to change your resolution?
Or are you just curious on why this happened?

Cheers,

~ Tkey

No i am still on 1600X1200.
I know how to change resolution.
I am just confused why last night my max resolution was 1680X1050 and now is 2560 X 1600. And that 1680 X 1050 won't display propperly

OK ;)

Initial checks...
You have the latest updates / drivers for your gpu.
You've confirmed that the hardware settings on your display are reset to "factory".
You don't have additional software (such as ATI Catalyst) managing your screen res and that all these settings are correct and updated.

Cheers,

~ Tkey

I have drivers for my gpu and i haven't updated to my knowledge.
I don't understand why the resolution works fine 1 day and today it doesn't

That's just computers for you ;) . Sometimes other apps you install conflict and just mess everything up.
Firstly then let's make sure your drivers are up to date - check your card makers website for the latest drivers and let us know if you need any help getting these installed.

This of course may not be the problem, but if we know you have the latest updated drivers then we can take a different approach.
Also you did not mention if you had any additional graphics software installed (such as the ATI Catalyst Manager) or if you had reset your displays settings.

If you require any help in the mean time just let us know.

Cheers,

~ Tkey

Hello. Yesterday i reformatted the pc and today i installed all the drivers i needed to including my GPU drive.

@Tkey , I installed the most up to date drivers for my GPU but even after the reformat i still have this resolution problem. I didn't install "Catalyst Software Suite" I just downloaded the basic "Display Driver". I still have this problem after reformat so i don't understand where this problem is coming from now. ( By the way the drivers i installed today are the same ones i had before the reformat)

Thanks Tkey for your replies

Ah ! , i have fixed the problem now and i am currently on 1680 X 1050 again :D

Before i linked my GPU to my monitor with a vga cable , but my gpu has a DVI port so i was using a DVI to VGA converter. But now i am just using my DVI cable and it works fine. Thanks for the replies

Glad you got it sorted ;)
If you have any futher problems just ask and we'll give out best shot at helping you out ;)

Cheers,

~ Tkey

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom