Sound Blaster Audigy 4 -> Sound Blaster X-Fi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kjølen

Baseband Member
Hello. I just upgraded my system to a fancy, shiny quad core (Q9450) and soon a Geforce GTX 280, etc and so forth. The only part of this system besides the power supply that hasn't been transfered over from the old system (And to be fair, the power supply was bought with an upgrade in mind, but I digress) is my Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 4. Now, I've heard so much about the X-Fi series, and I'm wondering if I should jump for an X-Fi Xtreme Gamer Fatal1ty Pro or an X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Professional or something like it. Will the high-end X-Fi technology really show an improvement in my iTunes music under 160kbsp, will it reallyp add a few frames per second in gaming mode, and will it really be worth an upgrade from my current Audigy 4? Opinions, please. :)

The Audigy 4 already adds FPS because its taking load of your board and pulling sound through it over the Integrated, but then that X-Fi has its own dedicated processor and that EAX is pretty delicious

I have Vista 64 with 6GB of RAM. I've read reviews, and most people have no problem with this configuration.

Hmm, yeah, thanks. However, does anyone have a detailed opinion as to whether or not I should make my upgrade complete or stick with what I have?

I have an X-Fi Extremegamer Fatality Pro and I upgraded to it from my onboard and wow did it make a difference. I don't know about fps because I didn't bother to compare but the sound quality is so much better. I would say it was definitely worth the upgrade for me. I am very happy with it.

Oh I haven't answered his Question....

Fatal1ty's usually are better, but usually are paying for the Fatal1ty luxury name, I say go for it, or consider Asus' Xonar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom