My monitor is dying.. or is it my graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.

westy159

In Runtime
I cant tell for sure although i think its the monitor. The screen flicks darker and whenever text ends there are black lines streaking from it. It doesnt show up well in photos that ive taken but can anyone diagnose the problem from what ive said? Monitor or graphics card? I dont have any other PCI-E cards or monitors to try out.

I cant tell for sure although i think its the monitor. The screen flicks darker and whenever text ends there are black lines streaking from it. It doesnt show up well in photos that ive taken but can anyone diagnose the problem from what ive said? Monitor or graphics card? I dont have any other PCI-E cards or monitors to try out.

download the trial of 3d mark 06 or even the full version of ati tool, if you get 3d mark run the test dotn worry about the cpu tho, and check for artifacting, or you could just run ati tool and scan for artifacst, ati tool would be ebst as it will tell you if an artifact is detected. i once thought my monitor was going because i had 20+ stuck pixels one day, called lg they sent me a replacement and let me keep the original, then, i replaced my gpu because it died completely (7900gt) for the 3rd time, and when i got the rma back the stuck pixels where gone. so always test you gpu first. also you could pick up a 7300le for around 30/40$ to see if that rids you of the problem. then you have a back up gpu.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom