p35-DS3R and e8400?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter.Cort

TF's First Dry Ice User!
so i completely forgot that i have a p35-ds3r coming soon (hopefully) and really wanna get an e8400. I've read that it should work with a bios update, so that should be fine. Secondly, will this board be able to hit a high enough fsb to clock the e8400 to like 4.5, or should i go ahead and grab a different board and sell the ds3r when it comes in. thanks.

I'm looking into one of these boards as a possible replacement for the DS3R as I don't think the DS3R will be able to crank out the FSB I need for a super high suicide clock.

Newegg.com - DFI BloodIron P35-T2RL LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards
or
Newegg.com - DFI LANPARTY DK P35-T2RS LGA 775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

i don't wanna spend that much (the first one) on a board, and while 675fsb would be killer, i don't need it. Also what can the second one hit for fsb? I need something that can do at least 550+ fsb, as I am gonna go with an e7200 instead.

So Petey did you decide on the HD 2900Pro (XT) and the e7200 and the Blood Iron?

i can't decide if i wanna get the blood iron or the DK board. and i might just hold onto the gigabyte one when it gets back.. i dunno. i'll have to see how far i can take the e7200

I havent pushed mine that far yet, but I am more than confident that it can. Puddle Jumper is going to lend me a better HSF so I can do some benchmarking and suicide runs, I will let you know what I am able to do.

i'm gonna eventually put all of it on some smexy h2o when i get money. start work tomorrow :) so yeah, i picked up the p35 DK, the e7200, a new psu, and 4gb ram and am gonna 1. get me a top spot in 3dmark06 (hopefully :)) 2. take 1 in superpi, 3. Crank out a super high fsb on my e7200 and 4. have the highest stable clock on tf :)

The only way yo can do that is with a biostar P45, it has the current world record. At that fsb you would have a 6.8ghz e7200. That would cream just about everything.

and your gonna have to have some great cooling to reach that. im guessing since it was world record they used ln

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom