*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06/03 Top List

yaaa, i remember all the hating on the nvidia boards.. but the A1 boards seemed to hit high fsb for quads without a problem

my ol' 680i went through alot.. and never did it give up on me.. maybe i should've just kept it :p

lol you probably should have ha ha.
i dont know about turning up the frequency of the slots. as far as i know, the comparisons i have seen have all been at stock settings for the cards.
i would think there might be a slight difference at say....1620 x 1200, but i'd wager there was no difference lower than that.

i'm hoping this ddr3 ram i bought doesnt completely blow... but for 100 bucks.. i'm not having high hopes... lol, i was gonna grab some g.skill hz's... for 155.. which are known to do 1000mhz (2000 effective) but i wanted something now... i don't wanna wait to use my board.. and i needed those extra 50 dollars :p

i'm hoping i can at least oc them to 1600mhz

i found another 680i for 100 bucks..... another FUGGER from xs special... lol

but anywhooo, question for you Gurusan...

what gets better 3dmark... and gaming performance...

ur voltmodded 4850... or a standard 4870 <----- that will be my determining factor

no difference unless you run 2560 x 1600 or some insane resolution like that. which, i guess, if it was an uber-high end rig...it would be running that high, lol.

and rican..."it's a biostar"...? lol, biostar's p45 has the world record for FSB at the moment..like 600+ mhz (which is um, crazy)....EDIT....725mhz ouch...

and zmatt how high can you get you r FSB? i haven't tried too too hard yet , but mine doesn't like over 500 very much.

Right now I have it at 320 which gives me 3ghz on my e7200. I haven't tried higher yet because of the crappy cooler that ships with wolfdales. When I get paid at the end of the week im going to splurge on a better cooler and crank it up a few notches. I think I may be the only one here with the Biostar P45, so I will post all my results in detail for you guys when I make my runs. This board is supposed to kick serious ***, but so far I've been easy on her.

i'm hoping this ddr3 ram i bought doesnt completely blow... but for 100 bucks.. i'm not having high hopes... lol, i was gonna grab some g.skill hz's... for 155.. which are known to do 1000mhz (2000 effective) but i wanted something now... i don't wanna wait to use my board.. and i needed those extra 50 dollars :p

i'm hoping i can at least oc them to 1600mhz

i found another 680i for 100 bucks..... another FUGGER from xs special... lol

but anywhooo, question for you Gurusan...

what gets better 3dmark... and gaming performance...

ur voltmodded 4850... or a standard 4870 <----- that will be my determining factor

An overclocked 4850 vs a stock 4870? That's a no brainer. Of course the 4850 will stomp the 4870.

eh... i will just hold out for another month or so on the video card.... i'm not playing any games right now anyway... i'll focus on my cpu performance for the time being :)

merk look out im looking t otake the single gpu crown by next wensday! once my gtx280 is arrived:p ps noss the gtx 280 is now 459.99 in canada, and that evga!.

18745 | Dainius | [*COLOR=blue]Q6600 @ 3.90GHz[/color] | [*COLOR=Seagreen]GTX280 @ 650/1400[/color] | XP Pro 32-bit |ORB - Result Analyzer

I believe thats the single gpu record for now till i get bumped easily lol

Back
Top Bottom