having trouble with harddrives

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drogos

Daemon Poster
ok this is whats happening i added 2 harddrives to this pc
the machine reads them normally but afther a while they both vanish
fom my computer and the only way to get them back is to unplug the pata cable and plug it back in and afther a while they are gone again
i downloaded seagate tools and ran it and said they are all fine i dont get it
it did this on another pc to not just this one if any one has any idea of how to correct this plz help

thanks in advance

Hello,

Have you checked the jumper settings? Are they in RAW format? If so they need to be formatted to Fat32 or NTFS (Recommended) for Windows to recognize them.

Cheers,
Mak

Hello,

Have you tried a different cable? Have you checked to make sure your PSU is powerful enough to run all your parts?

Cheers,
Mak

i posted on the upgrade part asking if my PSU was good enuff and i was told it should be fine everything else works is just those 2 harddrives that keep vanishing i have tried different cables and after a few hrs they vanish

Well i had to remove one ,and now is fine. Looks like the other harddrive is really messed up, and keeps messing everything else along with it. So what i did is hook the good harddrive as slave and hooked a dvdrom as master on that same cable. Since i cant use the other harddrive ;Might as well hook something else that works ,and so at least i got an extra 100gb and a second dvdrom out this experiment.To bad i couldn't get my 200gb fixed i tried everything and all failed. No saving for that one i guess.

Well thanks all of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom