Spybot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

philb101

In Runtime
I am running Spybot Search & Destroy to clear spurious files etc
It detects one now "DSO Exploit" whic it then removes using the Fix selected problems
However if I run Check again the same problem is detected again

I've done a directory on DSO & it returns with DSO Exploit in C:\Windows\Application Data\Spybot - search & destroy\Recovery with DSO Exploit1, 2 & 3 also listed

What am I to do ???

Thanks

http://forums.net-integration.net/index.php?showtopic=15308

You see, there are several reports of this issue here in the Spybot forum, which shows that it is happening for a lot of people, so in that sense it's normal - meaning your system is reacting like many others...

However, the fact that Spybot isn't properly fixing this is just a simple bug that I'm sure will be fixed soon.

Basically what's happening is that Spybot is finding that the security setting for "Download unsigned ActiveX controls" for the (normally) hidden "My Computer" zone in Internet Explorer is not set to disabled.

Given that anyone who is properly patched (via Windows Update) is not vulnerable to this exploit anymore, this is really not a serious issue, so provided your system is patched, you have nothing to worry about and can just ignore this until the fix comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom