x38/x48 motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

veedubfreak

Golden Master
Ok since DFI boards like to die if i try to push them past 440 FSB even with watercooling, i need a better suggestion. Looking for feedback from someone who actually has experience with the boards, not just "hearsay". I really wanted to like the DFI boards as they are watercooling ready, but after bricking 2 in a row using the exact same settings, there has to be a flaw in the board.

well i've just picked up an asus x38... p5e3 deluxe wifi... i'm sure most asus boards of the x38 variant should be the same

hopefully it ships in tomorrow... if so, i'll be able to give you a nice lil review on all its goodies with the bios and not

seeing ur looking into a rampage formula.. i'll let you know

well i've just picked up an asus x38... p5e3 deluxe wifi... i'm sure most asus boards of the x38 variant should be the same

hopefully it ships in tomorrow... if so, i'll be able to give you a nice lil review on all its goodies with the bios and not

seeing ur looking into a rampage formula.. i'll let you know

There's also the P5E, which is the version that uses DDR2 memory, or the P5E Deluxe which has an X48.

Good luck.

Any other options here? I cant decide... Ideally i'd like something with a removable NB cooler so i can use the waterblock i already have in the loop, but they all seem to have the huge connected crap. I talked to newegg already and they are refunding me on both DFI Boards, even setting me up with return shipping. <3 newegg. Sadly i have to work all this coming weekend so at least i have a little time to decide on a new board.

Rampage Formula FTW!! I used it on my last build, and while I only did a mild overclock to 3.2GHz, I only had to adjust like 2 settings and the features of the bios and the board layout is just amazing! Not sure if you can remove the north bridge heatsink, but other than that it is an amazing board. It's supposed to be able to handle FSB of over 500.

isnt X48 better than X38? In terms of OCing? I'm gonna email my friend about upgrading to Intel with CF, he wants the HD 4870 x2 so badly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom