Speed of cd ripping

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddog707

Baseband Member
I recently upgraded to a SATA dvd drive from an IDE DVD drive & expected a slightly higher rip speed. There really isnt an increase in speed & i'm trying to see if boosting my RAM will help make cd's rip faster.

Increasing RAM can always help; it also helps to have a speedy CPU (dual-core or quad-core always helps too). What are your specs?

What quality are you ripping at? Higher or lower quality? Are you running a lot of other apps too? Cuz you're probably gonna be able to rip as fast as you can, right now.

Nothing but the microsoft services but I dont exactly know what all those do so I dont wanna mess with them. I use 160 Kbps AAC. The highest I get up to is 29x

The rip speed will be maxed out by what your drive can handle. What are the three numbers on the front of the drive (might not be on the front).

Record x Rewrite x Read should be the three max speeds.

The rip speed will be maxed out by what your drive can handle. What are the three numbers on the front of the drive (might not be on the front).

Record x Rewrite x Read should be the three max speeds.

Do they still even do that? I don't think I've seen a drive specified for speeds in quite a few years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom