Problem with DVD playback

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddog707

Baseband Member
I'm having trouble trying to play dvd's I have a Gateway GT5676 & I called tech support & didnt get my prob fixed. Not that they weren't any help but I thought it was my DVD drive that was the problem. It turns out it's not because I installed a new DVD drive a couple days ago & im still gettin a color pixelated screen showin all these little squares. The tech support guy tried to see if it was my video card causing the issue but it's not because I played some downloaded video directly from the hardrive with no problem but I dont kno what's goin on when it comes to playing DVD's. When it displays the "warning" screen in the DVD it shows up clear but when the actual video starts playing that's when it gets distorted. I've tried multiple movies & get the same result for all.

This is how it looks before the moving video starts
javuv7.jpg

This is what it looks like when playing video.
11si7p4.jpg

Try downloading and installing K-Lite Codec pack, or Vista Codec Pack (will also work on XP).

Hello,

Have you tried a different player? Like VLC or WinAmp? Check a different player to make sure that it is just WMP that does it.

Cheers,
Mak

I downloaded VLC & it shows up fine in there. So what could be the problem with Windows Media Player?

Hello,

Windows Media Center still uses WMP and its codecs. Try using a 3rd party software.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom