upgrading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Golden Master
what to get. I am torn between a lot of things.

Well a few of the things i want to get are:

eventually a new gpu, but was thinking on getting a 4870x2 near xmas
cpu cooling )water, also thinking on getting near xmas
dvd writer (have to get rid of this ide one)
possibly a 4gb ocz reaper set
4850 (if i got one, i would probably voltmod it, with the help of gurusan as i don't really know what im doing there)

also wanted to get a switch to connect my laptop, secondary desktop, and gaming desktop. I was just gonna get a linksys WRT4G, use the wireless for the laptop, and buy cat 5e for the other two. Also i need a switch for a small lan game i'll be hosting soon so i could use it for that also.

other:

cyborg gaming keyboard (only if i can price match amazon from ncix)
gaming mouse pad
i was thinking about returning my p5k to get a p5q pro
Anything else that you think would be a good option

max spending budget: $300, but would like to spend no more then 200-250. So keep it as low as possible. Any links for items, make them threw ncix.com.

Thanks

want my saitek eclipse II keyboard? I'll sell it for an extra 30 with the other stuff.

and 1. volt modding is super easy, I did it with the help of gurusan and my dad :) 2. If you're gonna shell out for a 4870x2 then don't bother with a 4850. but if you get a 4850 you won't be disappointed.

^i got them while crucial was switching to the crap stuff, so i had not heard anything about the switch yet, and i got the crap stuff. Also i want 4gb of ram eventually, and don't want to be limited in overclocking by the crappy CB.

ok, this is what i plan on ordering on the 15th.

NCIX VIP MEMBERSHIP FEE PER YEAR **NCIX Rewards**
$0.00 costs points, so it's free.

Samsung 203S TruDirect 20X SATA DVD Writer Lightscribe Black OEM W/ Software
$24.99

Razer Goliathus Omega - Control Mouse Pad 270MM X 215MM X 4MM $12.99

Turning Point Fall of Liberty(PC Game)
$19.99

Tru Blu by Taiyo Yuden DVD-R 8X 4.7GB 100 Disc Bulk Pack Shiney Silver Top
$19.99

Rainbow Six Vegas (PC Game)
$24.99

Rainbow Six Vegas 2 (PC Game)
$49.99

nGear RJ45 CAT 5E 10FT Cable x2
$4.99

Linksys WRT54G Wireless G 54MBPS CABLE/DSL Router 802.11G 4P 10/100
$54.23

TOTAL $217.16 + shipping and tax, it comes to $258.00 approx

now in a little over three weeks im gonna have another $400, at least. So i can buy a 4870 or a 4850 then. If i went for a new gpu though, id put this 9600gt in my htpc, so id need to get a better $50 psu for it. So, let me know what you think. The only reason I'm getting that large or a DVD spindal is, it's cheap, supposedly great quality dvd's, and they look good for home movies. reason for the mouse pad is i have a crappy walmart one that does not glide will and doesn't match my comp. Reason for the router is i was to hose a lan game soon and i want to transfer files between a laptop, gaming comp, and htpc.

Edit: forgot to mention that i have not done any price match's yet, so i might be able to save more money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom