What is the issue is it my graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigddonaldlee

Beta member
Age of conan is running at ****** fps i was wondering if all the stuff i have the only bad thing is my graphics cards. If yall think it is if anyone could intereste me in buying a 8800 or 9600 cheaper versions is fine 150 or less and if you all could explain if it would work on my motherboard.

Newegg.com - XFX PVT96GYDF4 GeForce 9600 GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

Newegg.com - PNY VCG88512GXPB GeForce 8800GT 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

This is what i have on my cpu.

Microsoft Windows XP Professional Build 5.1 build 2600
Intel(R) Pentium(R) D CPU 3.00GHx (2 CPUs)
3070MB RAM "Average Memory Used is 1019MB RAM"
DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

Dell Dxp051
Buss Type - Intel NetBurst
Bus Width - 64-bit
Real Clock - 200mhz (QDR)
Effective Clock - 800 mhz
Bandwidth - 6400 MB/s

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 LE (512MB) at 1280 x 1024 Display 60hz what i run it at. Dirvers are updated also.

SigmaTel Audio "Sound really doesent bother me though"

Ok, ya its your GPU, it sucks, but your CPU is also pretty crappy too

Make the move to the 9600gt it'll work as its got a PCI-e port, and if you want upgrade that cruddy CPU to the e2160 or something, thats even a good upgrade too

or get this:
Newegg.com - MSI R4850-T2D512 Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards instead of both, as it performs each badly!

But the Pentium D is going to bottleneck that GPU, so get the e2160, and overclock it (now before you say its slower than your Pentium D read this)
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/common-noob-myths-170388/

he's on a dell, and can't overclock it. and i would say the board most likely doesn't support core 2 architecture so he's stuck with the pentium D.

D'oh I didn't see the part where it said Dell...

But he's right, probably can't upgrade to the Core 2 Duo, probably not without a BIOS update

Also his PSU is probably not going to cut the HD 4850, he could upgrade it to those PC Power and Cooling Dell upgrade PSU's

dell cases and psu's are proprietary down to the screws so it will be tough to pop in a normal atx psu into the dell.

also you can't bios upgrade if the bios is locked ;)

hmm, i wasn't aware of that fact. well, then yeah check on the dell site with the OP's computer model and see if you can pop a core2duo chip in there.

so then he can upgrade the psu, and gpu, and that should probably provide enough power to run AoC at respectable frames with decent enough settings.

Well in the case of all information you guys hooking me up with looks like im just going to custom build no sense in waiting anylonger get me the 280 or something with the new pentium core duo. Thanks for all the feedback :X.

I can build the computer and everything from scratch its the products im not allways sure of thanks guys if i need anymore help you will see me back on ehre.

Ok, ya its your GPU, it sucks, but your CPU is also pretty crappy too

Make the move to the 9600gt it'll work as its got a PCI-e port, and if you want upgrade that cruddy CPU to the e2160 or something, thats even a good upgrade too

or get this:
Newegg.com - MSI R4850-T2D512 Radeon HD 4850 512MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards instead of both, as it performs each badly!

But the Pentium D is going to bottleneck that GPU, so get the e2160, and overclock it (now before you say its slower than your Pentium D read this)
http://www.techist.com/forums/f76/common-noob-myths-170388/

And yes i know my pen d sucks over a core duo :X

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom