9600gso ????

Status
Not open for further replies.

philbar71

Fully Optimized
So just getting back from the beach and looking on new egg i see this card Newegg.com - ASUS EN9600GSO MAGIC/HTDP/512M GeForce 9600 GSO 512MB 128-bit GDDR2 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards it's 100 bucks w/ a rebate. so i'm looking at the pics and i notice that the gpu core is offset to the back of the card. and further inspection of this card says it's 512mb and 128bit but only gddr2??? did new egg get thier specs wrong or it this a different type of card? will it preform better than a 8800gs/9600gso with 384mb. and is it even worth purchasing. because i have been looking at a couple of 8800gs/9600gso or mabye a 8800gt.

i think that you can only do that with the galaxy 9600gso. but i think the memory is kind've slow for this card.

Actually its not, the report I gave was from that site trying open a pop-up of Errorsafe's site (however it was just a copy of the report on another site)

But the Galaxy 9600GSO Superclocked (according to xtremesystems) does actually turn into an 8800gts g92 because of the memory chips, but that is 512mb, I think it could be done..

EDIT: the Asus Magic one is not, its GDDR2 and 128bit, I'm guessing no..

yeah.. that would be a hint to stay away personally.. haha. just pick up a 9600gt or something..

also, btw, do you happen to be from NH?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom