*The Official Tech-Forums 3DMark06/03 Rankings*

Re: The Tech Forums Official 3DMark06/03 Top List

i didn't do any soldering. I just penciled the resistor.

All you need is a pencil and a multimeter. On a scale of 1-10 it's probably a 1 or 2 (easiest)

oh wow, all this time i thought there was some soldering going on... i'm definitely buying a 4850.. or 2... more than likely i'll buy 2 when i get my paycheck :) or.... sell my case :p

and zmatt.. i was saying that p45 isnt so high like x38 and x48 are

The only thing you need ot keep in mind is good cooling on the VRMs, some heatsinks with a fan blowing over them is a necessity

got any pics of urs i can check out??

and whats the max core voltage you can do? and highest oc just for benchmarking?

sorry no pics of mine and its hard to squash the camera in the case with the card in.

Just some ramsinks work fine though. And it's luck of the draw regarding how high of a clock you will get. Most have been getting 850-900 on air though....not too much higher on water except just for benches as the VRMs get SUPER hot.

If you want to go for very high clocks I would highly recommend the 4870 along with a hard mod (soldering).

Also keep in mind that when you give these things voltage, they draw LOTS of power.

...like waaay higher. with 1.45ishV and 900mhz think over 300 watts for the GPU alone

lol... uuber high end rig with a p45... i think not... 8x pci-e lanes when running crossfire... not a smart choice

no difference unless you run 2560 x 1600 or some insane resolution like that. which, i guess, if it was an uber-high end rig...it would be running that high, lol.

and rican..."it's a biostar"...? lol, biostar's p45 has the world record for FSB at the moment..like 600+ mhz (which is um, crazy)....EDIT....725mhz ouch...

and zmatt how high can you get you r FSB? i haven't tried too too hard yet , but mine doesn't like over 500 very much.

that means... raise fsb voltage... lol

my 680i did 450+ fsb with its lame voltage options... did 466 before.. if i could volt mod it i'm sure i coulda done maybe a lil higher

voltage solves everything :)

and naga.. were those results with stock cards... or overclocked... and now what if i decide to turn the pci-e frequency up.. will the story still be the same?

See thats what is angering me about the x38/x48 boards. I can hit 450+ fsb on my 680i, but i set 440+ and the mobo bricks. rabble rabble rabble.

Back
Top Bottom