* Maximum Memory Capacity: 1572864 MB
* Currently Installed Memory: 512 MB
* Available Memory Slots: 1
* Number of Banks: 3
* Dual Channel Support: N.A.
* CPU Manufacturer: GenuineIntel
* CPU Family: Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.40GHz Model 3, Stepping 3
* CPU Speed: 2466 MHz

I would like to known which is the best RAM for my system. I would like to upgrade to 1GB, at the moment I have 3 slots in which two slots have 256MB of RAM making up a total of 512MB. I am not sure which brand is good and cheap.

And can you also tell me if my motherboard is ATX or ATX...

Thanks....

From what I was able to track down through Google, you board is a mATX board. If it only has three PCI slots (white), it is a mATX.

Your board will be either a P4MAM-L or a P4MAM-V with slight modifications for the OEM of your computer. Both take DDR 200/266 (PC2100/PC1600) RAM, and hold a maximum of 2GB.

Since DDR has now been left behind, it's price has gone up a bit. Any of the big names are quality RAM (Crucial, Kingston, G.Skill, OCZ, etc.), but it won't be as cheap as DDR2. Your best bet would be to try to find a 2gb set (2X1GB) and go with it, or even a 1GB stick.

From what I was able to track down through Google, you board is a mATX board. If it only has three PCI slots (white), it is a mATX.

Your board will be either a P4MAM-L or a P4MAM-V with slight modifications for the OEM of your computer. Both take DDR 200/266 (PC2100/PC1600) RAM, and hold a maximum of 2GB.

Since DDR has now been left behind, it's price has gone up a bit. Any of the big names are quality RAM (Crucial, Kingston, G.Skill, OCZ, etc.), but it won't be as cheap as DDR2. Your best bet would be to try to find a 2gb set (2X1GB) and go with it, or even a 1GB stick.

Thansk for replying and confirming.....

I am also trying to replace the tower case with a new one, some tower cases , offer a PSU. Does the PSU needs to be a certain Watt?

Will this tower case be fine: 450 WATT BLACK GALAXY TOWER COMPUTER CASE + SIDE WINDOW on eBay, also 301-450 Watts, Desktop PC Cases, Desktop PC Components, Computing (end time 13-Jul-08 19:00:00 BST)

Kingston 1GB PC2100 (266MHz) DDR £29.99 - MyMemory

This is RAM compatible with my motherboard

The case will work, but 95% of PSUs that come in a case suck. When a PSU goes, it tends to take other components with it. It is one component you don't want to skimp on if at all possible.

Yes, that RAM will work.

Thanks for the help

I will look for an other tower case without a PSU and let u known if I need more help

One quick question

Can I remove the 2 x 256MB of RAM for the slots and replace them with one 1GB RAM. Will this be fine or will it cause problems?

No problems with it. You could leave the old RAM in it, if you want, so you will have 1.5GB.

Your motherboard doesn't seem to have SATA ports. You could either buy a SATA controller card for your computer, or a SATA to IDE converter. The converter would be cheaper.

Yep. It's IDE, same as ATA, which is the same interface as the drive you have now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom