Best Home Desktop for Sims 2 PC?[cheap]

Status
Not open for further replies.

DA2010

Beta member
My price range is from 0-$399.
I know about the REQUIREMENTS of the game, but I just dont get the whole "Video Card" thing. I can't afford a better price computer lol.
I would like to get it from:

Best Buy

Circuit City

or online of THOSE stores, not a store that I am unaware of.
Thank YOU!
I've asked alot of times on diferent sites, but no good answers. Please help!:D

Okay so it looks like you're not looking to build your own? Are you comfortable with installing a new video card in a prebuilt system if we point you to good instructions? It's very easy and something you may need to do to get the best out of Sims 2 and other 3D gmes you'l inevitably want to play. I'll check out some stores and put up a few links to some prebuild systems.

Here's a few, they're all pretty much the same.

Compaq - Presario Desktop with Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor E2160 - SR5410F
Compaq - Presario Desktop with Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor E2140 - SR5310F
Buy the Compaq Presario SR5410F Desktop PC and other Desktop computers at circuitcity.com

The video card isn't an obstacle but this one, like most prebuilt Pc's, just has a very basic cheap one built in. You can play Sims 2 but the graphics won't be the best. If you'd like you can buy a graphics card online for as little as maybe $40 and install it yourself to get better graphics. That can be done later, of course, and quite easily. The most important thing to do is to get a good desktop computer and then you can see if you want to get a better video card or not.

You may also be able to customize a Dell Vostro desktop for less money if you don't mind a bit of a wait for them to build and ship to you. The quality between this and the low end desktops isn't really going to be any different. Worth a look.
Vostro 200 Mini Tower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom