Looking for a new motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shortstop20

Well long story short, my Asus P5GD1 mobo will not boot with anymore than 2 GB of RAM no matter which slots I use. I was only running 2 GB of RAM before but just bought another GB. All of the RAM sticks work fine(the PC boots perfectly) as long as I only use two of them, the second I put three of them in it won't boot. So unless anyone has any ideas to troubleshoot this I'm going to buy a new mobo.

Mobo needs to support 3.0 Ghz Pentium 4(800 FSB), LGA 775 socket, at least one PCI-X16 slot, at least 2 PCI slots, DDR2 400 memory(supports at least 3GB), at least two SATA slots, one PATA controller(for optical drives), 1GB ethernet port, 5.1 Digital Audio support would be nice too but not a must have(I could always buy a PCI soundboard but would prefer not too unless sound is noticeably better). I also need a hookup on the mobo for two USB 2.0 slots on the front of the mobo. I think that's everything. Any suggestions appreciated. I wouldn't mind having a board that I can OC a little too but not a must have either.

After looking around on NewEgg a little bit it seems my computer is now a dinasour. LOL I can't even find any mobo's that support 3-4GB of 184-pin DDR2 and also meet my other specifications. I could not find anything on Tiger Direct that fit my needs either. Any hints on where to look for old-stock that is still new in the box from say 1-2 years ago? I built this computer 3 years ago. I would love to build a new one but I can't afford it or justify the expense right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom