Help mounting radiator/ slight case modding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I finally got around to ordering all of the stuff I need and realized a new problem.

The fan at the top of the back of my case is only a 90mm and my radiator and fans are obviously 120mm. Is there any way I can still mount this?

In the picture, the blue box is where i was planning to mount it until i realized the size incompatability, the red box is how wide its supposed to be, and the green box is the approximate size of my rad. I thought this might help anybody who might be able to come up with a way of mounting this.

TTarmorback_e.jpg

Use a gutted fan attached to the middle fan mount on the radiator
then attach that to the case at the 120mm fan mount

Finally stick fans on the side of the radiator facing away from the case.

Voila.

Sounds good thanks for the quick reply. Wasn't thinking that it could be mounted from the middle. Thanks alot aspire

Well, thats not the most elegant solution and I don't know if your fan controller has enough amperage on a single channel to power 3 fans...

Also you would need to change the molex imput into a 3 fin fan header to connect to your fan controller.

If I were you, I would take all three fan's leads, wire them all together into one single lead and then run that to either a fan header or a fan controller pending you have enough amps.

Well the thing is my fans are molex so I already need to convert them in order to connect them to my fan controller. I'm not sure if my fan controller does have enough amperage on one channel to power all of them.

I just want to clean them up because right now, I just have the wires running through an open PCI slot

HAHAHA that was awesome! I am gonna have to agree... you are mighty, especially with your "industrially rough" rig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom