LCD Power Inverter Problems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blizzard596

In Runtime
I have an Averatec 3700 Laptop that had a bad LCD power inverter (the screen would momentarily flash on when power was connected, but would then immediately shut off). I ordered a replacement inverter but when I plugged it in, the backlight was so dim you almost couldn't tell it was on at all. It slowly warmed up to where the screen was usable, but the backlighting is uneven and much darker on the left side of the screen. The new inverter is running extremely hot to the touch. Hot enough I think it could cause a burn if you touched it long enough.

Does this sound like a problem with my new inverter or something else?

Inverters tend to get a little warm because they do change the voltage for the lcd. There are a few different variables that it could be here. If you hook up the old inverter to the screen does the whole screen light up ok when you can see it (ex. is it dim like the new one). Was the inverter that you ordered a new one or a used one? This could also be the bulb in the lcd that is causing it. Please let me know the answers to the questions above and I can further assist.

all the inverter does is change dc voltage to AC for the flourescent lamp in the LCD. They are actually not a "power" inverter, they are more a phase inverter. I would connect a monitor up to the D sub VGA connector on the back / side of your notebook and compare what you see on the LCD and monitor. You may have to switch from one to the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom