more than 4 HD's ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

badkitty

In Runtime
quick question here. How would you go about hooking up more than 4 HD's at once? I have 3 120gb Hd's and 1 DVD-R.I want to get another HD.I this possible? I've not seen any IDE cables with 3 connectors nor have i really even looked into it.

there are motherboards with 3 IDE connectors for up to 6 devices or you can buy a IDE connector for you PCI slot

wow that was simple and fast.I posted that LESS than 1 min ago. Do you people sleep here? lol thanks

What'dya mean we don't sleep here, Major??? If it weren't for work, sex, food, and Half-Life...I'd never leave!

Anyway, Giga-byte offers some nice boards that'll support 8 IDE devices, just for a note.

Also, don't forget that if you have a board that supports an alternative bus string (such as a seperate RAID channel or you have SATA support) you can pop drives (HDD) onto them too.

Just be careful. Having all those drives going will make a lot of heat (not to mention noise). My machine at work needs a lot of drive space, so instead of pumping 8 HDDs into my box, I setup a seperate box that would just be a HDD-cabinet and setup a mini (2 PC) LAN with a pair of gigabyte-lan cards. Works great. Plus I can put it at the other end of the office section, where it's constant ticking and whirling can annoy my other coworker chumps...I mean valued employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom