No sound

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoolAid

Solid State Member
I dont get any sound from my sound card.
I get sound from my other sound ports but it gives off an echo.
Not sure what has happened.. ive tried another pair that I know works and it does the same thing.

Hmm confused... not enough information

Make sure that you have installed the drivers for the sound card to get it working. Need to know what type of sound card and speakers you have to be of any further assitance.

Oh and obviously make sure that none of the ports are muted.

i second what the above said. Drives (especially sound for me) get corrupt over time and need to be uninstalled and the reinstalled. Also make sure the mute and the volume are up in the volume bar. Another thing is you maybe didn't disable onboard sound or uninstall those drives which can cause the issue.

Alright, uninstalled, and tried to reinstall. It told me it didnt recognize any hardware that is compatable, so somehow the sound card must of come loose? Strange

I have checked the sound card, and it is indeed fully seated into the pci slot. So I am not sure why it would not recognize it.

Hey, I had the very same problem.

On sound devices, you need to disable one of them.

You probably have two green checkmarks, your only supposed to have one.

Try that. (it worked for me.) and it sounds like you were in the very same situation as me.

You mean the Sound and Audio devices Ricoh? I do not see the green checkmarks, what section is it under?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom