Rate the Wire Management Above You!

Alright, I was really confused, because cpu-z told me that I was running in dual-channel, and I thought I was because of how I had the sticks placed, but when you said that it got me re-thinking it all.

I was very impatient, and most of the cables are too short to be hidden behind the mobo/other side panel. Up at the top where you see all those cables die off, they go into that side panel so they aren't inside where everything else is. Power cables and such are long enough to run on the other side of the case.

Built in Nov. 2006;
Asus P5B-E
Intel C2D E6600
G.Skill DDR2 800 3GB
eVGA 8800GT Superclocked 512MB
Tuniq Tower 120
Thermaltake Armor

I'd give it a 6.5. I would use a lot of zip ties with those non bundled PS wires or get something for them. Also round IDE cable would help alot. Nice build though...wish I could update mine but wife says... :(

I picked up some zip ties today and did some more work on my wire managment, i think i hit the dot this time.

The ide cable will be gone in a week or so, as will the stock heatsink in 2 weeks (water cooling)

I didn't clean up the hdd rack yet because Im buying dual scis 36gb drives from Peter.cort and didn't want to have to redo it when i do. The ball of 4 pin mole heads isn't usually there, i had to move it out to lay down that side panel.

i still haven't gotten around to cutting some holes in the mobo tray, or cutting holes on the back of the hdd rack for i can flip them around, but i will eventually.

Easily an 8 when you get rid of the IDE cable and flip the hard drive. Where in the world is the 4-pin cpu on your MB. I can't find it lol.

^yeah, the pic's are of bad quality. I'll see if i can borrow my sisters cam (it's still not that great, but better then this one)

The 4 pin cpu cable goes behind the mobo tray. I'll post another pic or 2 tonight.

my first attempt at cable management
1010325sl9.jpg

Back
Top Bottom