Rate the Wire Management Above You!

^not bad, but that is not a 9.99. Id say more like a 7. Flip the hdd's around. Turn the heatsink for the wire comes out where the plug on the mobo is then zip tie it in a small bunch and put it against the metal fins. Tie the main mobo power cable down to the case back panel. Then you would be approaching a 9.99, but even with all that done. The cables on the bottom are bothering me, can you route them under the mobo tray? if not, is there room for you to drill some holes?

Also, you took a picture that does not allow us to see the cables coming out of the psu, for all we know those cables could be a complete mess.

Hi everyone. Been reading forums quite a bit and this is first post. Looking for any ideas to help out without any major modding. Mostly looking for ideas on how to clear up the case audio and usb connectors running along the bottom of my board. Thanks for any input.

pc2.jpg

pc1.jpg

Built this rig in November 2006 so not the most up to date.
2x1 gb corsair xms2 ddr2 800
XFX 7950GT passive cool
Intel C2D E6400 running at 2.8 (stock 2.13)
Asus P5B deluxe

Hi everyone. Been reading forums quite a bit and this is first post. Looking for any ideas to help out without any major modding. Mostly looking for ideas on how to clear up the case audio and usb connectors running along the bottom of my board. Thanks for any input.
Route them under the motherboard.

Can't really do much about the ATX cable though

^not bad, but that is not a 9.99. Id say more like a 7. Flip the hdd's around. Turn the heatsink for the wire comes out where the plug on the mobo is then zip tie it in a small bunch and put it against the metal fins. Tie the main mobo power cable down to the case back panel. Then you would be approaching a 9.99, but even with all that done. The cables on the bottom are bothering me, can you route them under the mobo tray? if not, is there room for you to drill some holes?

Also, you took a picture that does not allow us to see the cables coming out of the psu, for all we know those cables could be a complete mess.

Luke: I was referring to Dainus's setup as being 9.99 not mine... I rate mine like a 5.9 as the psu cables are all zip-tied and pushed up into that part at the top and hidden from view... there are too many connections which im not using. Either way dude thanks for the crit and advice seems like you know what your on about. Ill definately have a stab at it. Cheers.

Route them under the motherboard.

Can't really do much about the ATX cable though

Thanks for the input. Going to be removing the MB soon to see if I can route my 4-pin underneath anyways so I'll play with that as well.

DSC01230.jpg

I was very impatient, and most of the cables are too short to be hidden behind the mobo/other side panel. Up at the top where you see all those cables die off, they go into that side panel so they aren't inside where everything else is. Power cables and such are long enough to run on the other side of the case.

Built in Nov. 2006;
Asus P5B-E
Intel C2D E6600
G.Skill DDR2 800 3GB
eVGA 8800GT Superclocked 512MB
Tuniq Tower 120
Thermaltake Armor

Back
Top Bottom