question about overclocking suicide runs...for superpi

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseber1982

Enterprise SCCM\SCOM
So for the system to be as stable as possible.. I am assuming that you go down to 1 stick of ram and disable all except 1 core right? Less stuff to be unstable

Mmm, disabling cores may help...

Though taking one stick of RAM might adversely affect performance.

yea it might effect performance if you are talking duel channel memory... But as far as cranking up the memory speed... less change of failure if there is half the hardware

i used to run pi with 1 stick of ram.. i'm not too sure if pi can take advantage of dual channel.. i will have to do some testing for myself

will do so tonite :)

hopefully can get some 4.0ghz runs.. but this stupid northbridge runs hotter than ****

grrrrr i keep trying to get away from overclocking and i keep falling back into it lol...such an addiction trying to squeeze every hert out of the cpu

grrrrr i keep trying to get away from overclocking and i keep falling back into it lol...such an addiction trying to squeeze every hert out of the cpu

lol, I know what you mean.

I keep telling myself, "you've already hit your wall on your suicide run", but every now and then I try to break that wall.

We just moved into a new house, the my machines are no longer in the basement... sound isnt an issue, my machine overheatin isnt an issue..... my machines overheat the room now lol.

My daughter last night.... daddy why is it so hot in here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom