Is my Q6600 simply bad? (quick reply needed.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
before you give the cpu a boot..

i say once you get your new heatsink, apply some thermalpaste... and give it another go, load temps at stock i don't think should hit over 50 some odd degrees maybe even high 40's depending on ur ambient temps

yea yea, I got the Zalman 9700 with the thermal paste, I am just waiting tomorrow to get a new one, now that I look at this processor it looks fine(but still exchanging it), but seriously you guys need to see how they do open boxes at frys. Its just a HUGE risk you take. ( I dont want to take the risk)

True it works, but I this is my first custom build computer, and it would be embarrasing if it stops working or something.

The open box is not a problem, its the way Frys do open boxes. (dont not trust them anymore really.

Besides, I tried overclocking this, and it woun't boot up. So maybe thats why the last owner returned it.

On Quads, Voltage should not go higher than 1.35 right? I got my new chip today :D (applied thermal paste this time :D)

Thanks, will give it a try.

I got it to 2.8, then when I tried 2.9 I started getting so many problems. Like it would boot up, but many programs will say that it is not responding.

Also, tried increasing the Vcore, but they are like dark out, I don't know where I can enabled them.

Which by the way its 1.33 (I guess that really high.)

my temps are
Core 1: 34

And Cpu Temp is 28 (all running idle at 2.8Ghz)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom