watercooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

lukas

Daemon Poster
how much would a good budget water cooling loop cost? id like it to cool better than air ofc xD, any help would be appreciated.

thanks in advance

About $200 at the least, give or take $20. Pump,waterblock and Rad are the most expensive parts. I priced a kit out that I'd like and it came out to $300

For a good w/c loop just for your cpu it comes to around $260-270. For both your gpu and cpu it can go over $300. Mine cost me about $270 after all was said and done.

Don't cheap out on your clamps, get good metal worm clamps and use them! -_-
Use Distlled water and some biocide.

Very good airflow with good air HSF's will probably cool better than a cheap WC loop, so, don't necessarily go for the cheapest you can get away with.

i was just wondering because everyone seems to be getting W/C and im jealous, lol, i didnt want to cheap out on any cooling because i wanna overclock alot, but if you say decent air can be as good as average water cooling, id stick with air, then i can upgrade my GPU after buying a new processor in a few weeks, thanks for all the replys.

although i may ask my older brother to buy me a decent watercooling loop for around 150pounds near christmas, ill just do him some favours that he wants me to do, im sure he will be kind enough xD

I'm doing air myself. I don't see that its worth it for me to pay $300 for a loop just to have my cpu run 400mhz faster daily. What I would advise is if you can take off your stock heatsinks and throw some as5 ceramique down and reseat them. Your NB will run about 7-10c cooler.

I mean you don't have to do it but I recommend doing it because the contact is usually pretty bad from the factory. You also take the risk of damaging something if you take it off. If you have confidence, I say go for it. Use Everest to check temps

ok, i dont seem confident and i havnt got the money to replace it since i got this build at christmas, present off my mum and brother, so that isnt an option lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom