SLI or Crossfire

Status
Not open for further replies.
For Crossfire, I recommend one 4870X2 with one HD 4870

Heres why:

Two HD 4870's are good performance, but this is the first true Dual-Core GPU
Two HD 4870 X2's probably perform really crap anyways (as do most Quad-SLi, Quad-Crossfire)

What programs and test should I run on a new build to test how stable it is, etc.. and for how long should I run each? What order should I run each in, if it matters? I've already run memtest.

Anyone have a list of programs I can use?

On a side note, does anyone have a newegg preferred account? Is it worth trying for it? I could pay everything off now but would prefer to do it over a few months if possible.

I have a preferred account. Its great, you get free rush processing with it, and same as cash on different amounts. I just spent 1005 bucks there on new gear and dont have to pay it until next july :p

I have my computer built, i'll get some pics once my 4870 arrives. Until then, what programs do I need to run to test that everything is good? I've already run memtest, the memory at least is good.

3dmark06. If you can complete that without a hitch you're pretty stable. After that, try out orthos and prime95 for overclocking stability.

dual 9800 GX2's don't scale well at all. And it remains to be seen how well 2 x 4870 X2's will perform compared to a single 4870 X2.....

So far, two GPU's is far better in terms of value.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom