Final PC Gaming Rig Specs....Please Comment!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought you might find the link helpful.

Windows Vista: 64-bit Editions

(Windows Vista Home Premium 64)

Windows Vista Home Basic is intended for budget users with low needs. Windows Vista Home Premium covers the majority of the consumer market, and contains applications for creating and using multimedia. The home editions cannot join a Windows Server domain.

Windows Vista Ultimate contains the complete feature-set of both the Home and Business editions, as well as a set of Windows Ultimate Extras, and is aimed at enthusiasts.

wait....ive heard complaints towards Vista cuz of video game problems.....can some1 explain wat the beef was?

mk...final specs:

Motherboard

DFI Lanparty DK X48-T2RS LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX

Video Card
ATI Radeon HD4870

Processors
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 Kentsfield 2.4 GHz LGA 775

Power Supply Unit
Corsair CMPSU-650TX 650W ATX12V

Case
Thermaltake Armor Series VA8000BWS

Thermal Compound/Grease
Tuniq TX-2

CPU Fans
OCZ Ocztvend2 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler

Internal HD
Western Digital Caviar WD5000AAKS 160GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache

Desktop Memory
G.Skill 4GB (2x2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR 800 (PC2 6400)

Monitor
Samsung 2253BW Black 22" 2ms LCD

Headset
Steelseries 61001 3.5mm/USB Circumaural 5H v2 Gaming Headset

Sound Card
Sound Blaster XtremeGAmer Fatal1ty Professional Series

Keyboard
Saitek PZ30AUR

Mouse
Razor Diamondback 3G Gaming Mouse

Plus an operating system (Windows Vista Home Premium 64bit) and you're good to go. Also, perhaps the larger hard drive they recommended? Vista alone takes up close to 20GB of space, and most new games that install on your system will take about 6-10GB themselves.

i was looking @ my case on newegg, and it didnt say that it was compatible w/ my motherboard....is that a sign i should look 4 a new case that is compatible? cuz all it listed was ATX motherboards and BTX upgrade kits

Although the TT armor is a great case, I have one myself, it is very heavy. Maybe look around at some more cases and find a lighter one? It's more of a personal preference thing but having a heavy case can be a pain if you have to do any work on it.

And about the vista/game issue, it's old news IMO. I have been running Vista for over a year now and haven't had any problems with games since like the first month or two I had it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom