6800 is slowwwwww HELP PLEASE

Status
Not open for further replies.
WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE

I restarted and my score is.........*drum roll please*.........9516

YAHOO......i did overclock though...is that still good???

well my 9800 Pro gets a 3d Mark score of 6125, slightly overclocked though. I think your chip is maxing out your CPU. to get the full performance out of your card i would upgrade (or buy new cooling and overclock) the cpu.

play2lose said:
WOW WHAT A DIFFERENCE

I restarted and my score is.........*drum roll please*.........9516

YAHOO......i did overclock though...is that still good???

Im pretty sure that is an exceptional score for your pc. Mine gets about 12k and 65k on Aquamark.

Glad you got it to work.

what the heck......after all these bechmarks and getting it fastr.....this hapens

for the first time i get to play a game........i install far cry...get the 1.2 patch.....put ALL the settings on med.....no AA/AF 1024x768

I use Fraps and get 40 - 70 but.....it seems laggy as hell

every 10 sec it will lag even if the FPS is the same as when it wasnt lagging....could this be poor cooling?

Do you have a monitor of your CPU and System Air temperatures? I have an MSI Motherboard with CORECELL Chip in it and that has a live monitor in windows that you can overclock and set fan speeds etc... point is, it tells me cpu temperature and the ambient air in the case temperature. If you could get those readings that'd give you a better idea of if you need better cooling.

wel......i played far cry and after i exited the graphic card temperature was at 54 degrees C...but that must be cool because it warns you at 120 degrees C

That isnt bad at all, mine gets really hot (alot more than that sometimes).

BTW the 1.2 patch is apparantly corrupt and was recalled. Unless they put another on...

You should be happy to know that there is nothing wrong with your graphics card - it sounds to be like a software/driver problem.

Keep an eye out for the latest patches and drivers.

ok......but its weird...i turned it on today this time with AA/AF and all settings on high and it runs ok!!!!!!!!!!!???????????

maybe it was gettin bored doin all those crappy graphics so it went to sleep.....that means if i put everything on ultra high it will run at like...200 FPS.....lol

Your gpu core speed is 380 Mhz ? *reads your sig* That seems very low. I have a BFG 5900 Ultra board and my gpu core speed stock is 400 Mhz. I would think that the new 6800 chips would be atleast 500 Mhz. Just seems odd to me...

edit:
*searches newegg* Okay so the 6800 ultra chips run at 400 Mhz. However, 400 > 380 (uber math skillz). I would see why you chip is only running at 380 Mhz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom