512mb graphics? maybe . . . 1024?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

koldapu

Fully Optimized
cool news on the graphics front . . .

nVidia and ATI have plans to launch a 512mb gfx card in Q3 . . . and possible a 1gb gfx card in '05 . . .

which means that 256mb cards will go down in $!

and doom 3 will actually use 512mb of gfx too . . .

is it not possbile for them to just make a ddr dimm slot on the card, so u can put in as much ram as u like, be it 256/512, or 1gig

well, dont gfx cards like the 6800 and x800 use gddr3? it would cost way to much, you would have to add too many components and all that crap

yeah i knew about that, but its not an ATI or nVidia . . . those are the only gfx i would get

yea, its the unknown of the unkown, has any 1 ever heard about that brand making the 512 card??? I know i havnt, oh well, il just wait for ati or nvidia 512, so that the 256 $$ go down.

lol, wildcat cards? they make VERY high end user cards. granted, not really gaming, and that card itself is cheaper than some of the ones they have. some go over $1100. They're used for graphics design that are VERY intensive. a-cad and such, but anyhow these are mostly for developers. another $1000 card example are Oxygen cards. may not of heard of them probably because they are more for pro use, AND they would run circles around many consumer cards. so yeah, these are very high end cards ;)

EDIT: Oh yeah, and when I say graphics design, I'm not talking about simple video editing. I'm talking professional developement. Not being condenscending I just thought it funny when I saw "Ive never heard of them, and the general thought of these must be a turd of a card " when they are actually higher end then you could imagine. even though the one listed isn't the highest tier in developers, its still an amazing piece of hardware ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom