Is my Q6600 simply bad? (quick reply needed.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am monitoring the temps every sec with Everest Ultimate, so it wont over heat.

now, Here are the temps and everything you requested.
hmmm I cannot upload a jpg image of 78kb lol.... weird....

But I am preety sure I got the same temps as the other trying to overclock his q6600 (the one you guys said he had a good vid.)

the thermal paste should have been pre-applied to the heatsink....

and if it came with a seperate packet of thermal paste... and you didnt apply it.. then that is why... heat WILL NOT transfer properly/efficiently without the paste

and 1.1625 is an INCREDIBLY low vid... the lowest i've ever seen.. i don't even know if thats possible*edit* (speedstep is on... causing the voltage to go down)

What the?

Thats just as low as AzzYork's VID... you haven't mounted it correctly (but he could load it a bit and show the VID)

put the paste again ;)

huh? your vid is good
your temps are good,
you have the g0 Revision
whats wrong with it again?

Your core voltage is high for stock clocks if u ask me.

i'm sure the vid only says that because of speedstep... my q6700 also said the same when i left speedstep on

i turned off it.. and boom, what do you know 1.28 vid

tepmpssuv3.jpg

do you people not see his clock speed??? that is not his vid.. and i can bet you on that one ;)

Keep the CPU, apply the thermal paste, check that the fan is correctly seated, and check the temps again. It does not matter if you apply thermal paste, you can still return it as it is easy to clean with a little rubbing alcohol. I would use core temp for temp readings and turn speed step off. Buy a real fan. Don't worry about temps around 70c. Both my quads are running 70-77c 24/7 with an indoor temp of 85f and both OC'd @100% usage (F@H). Indoor temps will also affect you overall temp.

Anyone know how do I turn speedstep off?

my mobo, came with some energy efficient thingy, so yeah that must be it, but as far as am aware, its off. Anyone know how to turn it off completely?

Now that I uninstalled what I said above, it seems to jump from 1.136 to 1.28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom