Ram latency readings

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Merlin said:
Maximum PC's March 2004 Issue states:

Memory Parameter--------------Range of typical values(in clock cycles)
----------------------- ------------------------------------------------
RAS to CAS Delay ----------------- 2 or 3
CAS latency --------------------- 2, 2.5, 3(DDR) or 2, 3(SDRAM)
RAS Precharge ------------------- 2, 3
Command Rate -------------------- 1, 2
Active to Precharge Delay --------- 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Timings are normally listed in the order or:

2(CAS latency)-3(RAS to CAS Delay)-3(RAS Precharge)-7(Active to Precharge)-1T(Command Rate)

And these are the facts I base my previous claims on ;) :)

hmmm.... interesting... thx. :) good post.

There is memory out there with lanencies like 4-6-6-12. That's what I meant about no restrictions, as they are timings. The slower the memory's core, the higher timings it will have.

Well that sux, now I have to look into returning my memory. I meant to buy low latency ram.

Is 2-2-3-3-6 going to perform a lot better than my current 3-4-4-8?

bew556 said:
Well that sux, now I have to look into returning my memory. I meant to buy low latency ram.

Is 2-2-3-3-6 going to perform a lot better than my current 3-4-4-8?
Depends on systme components and how much they draw from your memory. The new memory is decent and doesn't need to be returned. (he he im gonna now draw up a tut on timings thx for the idea.

You don't think I should return it? It will cost be about 25 more to get the 2-2-3-3-6. Im trying to get as much performance out of my pc as possible and ready for hl2.

bew556 said:
You don't think I should return it? It will cost be about 25 more to get the 2-2-3-3-6. Im trying to get as much performance out of my pc as possible and ready for hl2.
I thought you bought the 2-2-3-3-6. If you indeed did buy the 3-4-4-8 than i would return it for 25$ more.

2-3-3-6 would be a huge step. But keep in mind, considering u have an AMD, the CAS latency might be 2.5. Therefore they would be 2.5-3-3-6. It is like that with a lot of RAM, so check it first.

Hey my mobo has the option to add .3V or .5v to my DIMM slots shoudl i enable it? same for AGP and CPU should i enable thoses to? cause iherd ading vooltage to DIMM slots would lower timings

agex000 said:
2-3-3-6 would be a huge step. But keep in mind, considering u have an AMD, the CAS latency might be 2.5. Therefore they would be 2.5-3-3-6. It is like that with a lot of RAM, so check it first.

How do I check this and is it bad if it is 2-5-3-3-6 instead of 2-2-3-3-6?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom