new pc for gaming

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is faster, but not enough to make a noticeable difference in gaming. With Cas 5, 5-5-5-15 DDR2 1066 RAM, you don't know if you can definitely drop it to DDR2 800 4-4-4-12, as with these you know they already do that, and will hit Cas 5 5-5-5-15 when it comes to overclocking your Q6600 (if applicable)
why would i want to drop it to ddr2 800?

I do have the combo already in my cart :)

btw i wanted to ask, XP Pro will still be able to take advantage of the CPU, just not the ram right?

So its easier to overclock

CPU will still be noticed with all of the 4 Cores

Thats my use... I'll help.. and so will most of the other people who have the know-how

Thats my use... I'll help.. and so will most of the other people who have the know-how

ok, so say i get the ddr2 800, and in the future i do want to overclock. Wont that reduce the life of my cpu, ram etc

how much of a difference would it really make in gaming?

It'll reduce it, but instead of 1million hours you get like 900,000

Plus the fact is its pretty much stupid to not overclock these things, they're highly overclockable and in some games you can get a really big performance increase, and you don't have to pay a dime

It'll reduce it, but instead of 1million hours you get like 900,000

Plus the fact is its pretty much stupid to not overclock these things, they're highly overclockable and in some games you can get a really big performance increase, and you don't have to pay a dime

I just noticed you're running DDR2 1066, and you're telling me to get the 800 :D LOL

OK, so i switched to these: G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400CL4D-4GBPK - Retail Newegg.com - G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory - Desktop Memory
most of the reviews on this pair are good.

Actually most of my stuff here was given to me by Tech-Forums, so technically I'm not a hypocrite :)

I bought the Board, Optical Drives and Power Supply

I love this build, I couldn't run bull-crap games on my former P4 rig (actually in a couple of days I can celebrate having this rig for 2 months :))

Actually most of my stuff here was given to me by Tech-Forums, so I didn't get any say in the build

I bought the Board, Optical Drives and Power Supply

wow lucky you :) hey, is that case i chose gonna be a good one? I just like the fact that the switches and ports are up top

I'm actually running the X2 4400+ on my brothers computer, like I said i've always been an AMD man. He doesnt game as much as me though, on the PC anyway.

Honestly I'm not sure, never recommended that before..

Its made of Steel so it should be durable (but heavy...)

and the Case will probably get really hot too, check out some lightweight Aluminum ones, even after 4-7 days of being on non-stop my case remains cool to the touch as for Steel ones might burn you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom