Is it safe to buy open box processors off of newegg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have any experience with Newegg but personally I wouldn't trust anything that is "open box". Sure you should be able to return it in the event that it doesn't work, but I'd rather pay the extra $50 to make sure I have a brand new, unopened and sealed processor.

Don't get it, those are ones that are refunded, so that means most of those are B3 Revisions or G0's with High VIDs

Or around the 3.2ghz (but if you don't get there... please don't whine!! I've really had enough of the whining babies that complain and question our Techsavvyness if they can't get to a certain speed)

I'm not throwing stones at Newegg, but in my experience at other companies there are bound to be a few refunded items that don't work, yet they'll sell them anyway, either through poor testing, negligence or just plain dodgy-dealing.

good choice.. there will be a handful of open box proc's that were returned because the buyer didn't make the FSB connection and had an older mobo that didn't support the q6600's fsb, or they saw something on sale and decided to go with that. but most of the time it would be returns from b3 or high vid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom