raptor hard drives

Status
Not open for further replies.

U-Toast

Fully Optimized
Are western digital raptors worth getting? What are the differences exactly? The seek time is cut by half thats bout all i know? Would i see a big performace increase with the hds i currently own? In my sig. And also does sata have an impact on performace also?

Thankyou for the help

they are good they spin faster and have sata transfer speeds of 150 compared to regular ata speeds of 100. overall they do help performance but its not a humongous gain. sata cables are also better for airflow.

actually jblaze, atas are 100 AND 133 . . .

and yes, satas CAN go faster, but you only see a SLIGHT performance gain, if any

alright, ty for the help, il save up to upgrade cpu and mobo then, hehe, and just get a new hd non raptor, ;)

really, i thought they blaze at loading stuff up...well if no big increase then i'll just scratch the raptor from my list to save me a few extra bucks...man i thought they loaded stuff in like no time...boy was i wrong.

there is ata 133 but only a few hd companies support it most only go 100 and the few that support ata 133 dont go much if any faster than the ata 100's. and im not saying the raptor is a waste it is faster than regular ata but people just assume that its gonna make everything go at blazing speeds and thats just not the case.

SCUSI d rives too exspensive right, you want spped for had drive then go with 2x sata drives raid level 0

I have an article in Maximum PC showing the 74 gig Raptor kicking a pair of SCSI drives' asses. I have the 74 gig Raptor and I love it. It is faster than anything I've ever used. Games load quicker, Windows starts faster, and everything runs very very smooth. I know it's not all the hard drive, but I certianly feel it makes a good difference. If you can shell out the extra cash, I definitely think it's worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom