Upgraded to XP, now system won't boot!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
cajun33 said:
There is a pay site called www.esupport.com that might be able to help, otherwise I'll keep an eye out. I haven't been able to find anything on the V931-CX1, only the V931-CX0.

thanks for the link. I ended up spending $39.95 to buy a new BIOS from those guys. It has a 30 day money-back guarantee, and 1 year support, so hopefully that will fix the problem. I'm just tired of messing with it! ...at least I don't have to install a new motherboard.

I'll see if this works...

Answer these question for me and youyrself..

How do you know that they gave you the right bios?

Are you using a legit or burnt copy of xp? and if burnt copy where did you get it from?

Are hearing any beeps while booting up?

What pci or isa you installed on the motherboard while ?

Senseis said:
Answer these question for me and youyrself..

How do you know that they gave you the right bios?
I can't know, except that it seems to work fine with the motherboard.
Are you using a legit or burnt copy of xp? and if burnt copy where did you get it from?
Corporate copy. Anonomous source, though the exact disk has successfully upgraded other systems without a problem

Are hearing any beeps while booting up?
Just the one normal beep after displaying the video card stats, before scanning the RAM, IDE devices, etc.

What pci or isa you installed on the motherboard while ?
I'm not exactly sure what the question is, but I removed all non-essential cards. The only peripherials connected to the motherboard is the HD, video card and CD-ROM (not counting RAM, heatsink, Power, case connectors, etc.)

Do you know of somethign else that I should try?

thanks!

When it reboots, it asks you to hit a key to boot from the CD-ROM. Don't. Let it boot from the HDD and it should continue the installation. Repair don't work all the time. You may want to retry the full install but again, don't hit the key when it asks you (during reboot) since it will restart the install process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom