SLI Two Video Cards Same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doom10320

In Runtime
Hi im just woundering if i can SLI two video cards that are differnt from each other like i have a 8800 Gs and i want to get a 9800 GTX but will i beable to SLI them or do i have to have the same video card or if i cant can i get a 8800GTS? i just hope i can SLI the 8800 with the 9800.

the gpu of the graphics card needs to be the same, some times u can get away with cards that have the same gpus by flashing bios. this means that they would be same memory size, memory bit interface etc. the only difference would probably be clock speeds.

but otherwise no, you cannot.

Hi im just woundering if i can SLI two video cards that are differnt from each other like i have a 8800 Gs and i want to get a 9800 GTX but will i beable to SLI them or do i have to have the same video card or if i cant can i get a 8800GTS? i just hope i can SLI the 8800 with the 9800.

You can only SLI with another 8800 GS. Personally, I would rather have a single 9800 GTX over 8800 GS in SLI.

SLI only works for two exact same GPUs, preferably at same speeds (same memory too, you can't put a 320mb GTS with a 640mb GTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom