another need help finding a laptop thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewCents05

Daemon Poster
im sure most of you are sick of these but i need help finding a good laptop for my gf. few requirements. 1. has to be small and easy to carry so 6lbs MAX and up to 14in screen nothing more. 2. has to be from circuit city haha i know but i work there so i get a nice discount on them. 3. has to be able to run photoshop with ease, shell be doing alot of photo and video editing so she needs a somewhat powerful computer. money is really not too much of an issue since her parents are buying her this for a graduation present. and it would be nice but not necessary if it could easily boot up the mac os as well so i guess a some what big of a hard drive to partion. right now im leaning toward this laptop for her

Buy the HP Pavilion tx2510us 12.1" Touch-screen Entertainment Laptop and other Laptop computers at circuitcity.com

but im not entirely sure but i really like that laptop and think it would suit her needs

or this one actually doesnt seem that bad

Buy the HP Pavilion dv2940 14.1" Widescreen Special Edition Laptop and other Laptop computers at circuitcity.com

which would be better im not sure if shell really dig the whole touch screen thing. i used a tablet pc ages ago and it kinda sucked but i dunno if its more seamless now than it used to be.

Hello,

Let me start off by saying that you can NOT install Mac OS X on any PC. It is in violation of the TOS and EULA of Apple. It is also illegal to do so. So unless you buy a Mac and use boot camp to dual boot with Windows that option is out the door.

As for those laptops they will run Photoshop easily. So that isnt a problem. Either one of them will do just fine in that department.

Cheers,
Mak

You can't install OSX on anything else than apple hardware, if you need XP so bad use Bootcamp as mak suggested or use VMware Fussion to run it inside OSX.

Hello,

it doesnt say. So you might have to ask the FireDog people.

Cheers,
Mak

I think if you go an see the laptop an look at the bottom for the license key you will Vista Home premium or Vista xxxx (x denotes version) it says what it is x86, x64 etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom