computer wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewCents05

Daemon Poster
i dunno what happened to my computer but it was on overnight and when i got up it was off and it wont turn back on again. everytime i unplug the power cord then plug it back in and turn on the power supply it acts like its going to turn on like all my lights come on for a split second and the fans move and then just dies. i know the power supply isnt suppose to do this cause it shouldnt be trying to turn it on thats what the power button does so im not sure whats going on or what i should do. can someone help me troubleshoot this.

Hello,

Did you lose power overnight? If so could have done some real damage to the PC if you dont have it hooked upto a surge protector.

Have yuo tried to turn off hte PSU with the switch in the back and then turn it back on?

Cheers,
Mak

i dont think i lost power over night and even if i did, it is connected to a surge protector. i tried using the switch, i have a hiper psu and when you turn it on all the lights on the computer turn on for a split second when its only suppose to be the leds inside the psu that stay on, then the power button should turn everything else on. its hard to explain what happens but just everytime i turn on the switch after all the remaining power drains out of the psu the whole computer basically turns on for a split second instead of just the psu and then dies and the power button does nothing.

Hello,

Maybe the PSU died. Can you test the system with a backup?

Cheers,
Mak

ugh i hope not, i have no way of testing it and no spare, ill have to check how long hipers warranty is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom