The Summer Project Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
hrmm... i'm just gonna be me a danger den torture rack... set up 2 2x120mm rads.. and 2 1x120mm rads... and go from there..lol

i think that'll do me fine.. all open air goodness.. i can't wait, i'm ordering my torture rack this friday

what if i don't wear underwear... LOL

this case's airflow just sucks really bad... so my rad can't cool for crap.. i'm open case with my rad halfway out to stay with decent temps

lol, to each their own. mod it. Cut the top or the bottom. Its a perfect spot for it and it'll pull in that fresh air. It looks relatively easy. I'm cutting some blow holes myself.

edit Nos you should get this board.

Sounds sweet. Since you're going with watercooling, all of your heat will be in the bottom section. I am guessing you are basically going to make the bottom a flat wind tunnel of sorts? That would be my thought, anyway.

If you put the HDDs flat along the bottom with a little clearance for cooling, you could get a good breeze through the box. I am figuring your rad will be mounted on the rear wall beside the PSU so it will exhaust to the exterior.

Since the top will house the mobo minus the CPU and GPU heat (for the most part), air will be plenty to cool the other components. You might want to mod the rear of the top and make it two 120 exhaust so as to pull the air directly across the chipsets and RAM.

Wouldn't it be better to switch it around and put the bottom on the top? Since warm air raises, it seems it would be best :|

just my little $0.02

lol, to each their own. mod it. Cut the top or the bottom. Its a perfect spot for it and it'll pull in that fresh air. It looks relatively easy. I'm cutting some blow holes myself.

edit Nos you should get this board.

They pulled a stupid and decided to make the water block top out of aluminum = bad....

iandh on xs is working on a replacement in acrylic and delrin.

Wouldn't it be better to switch it around and put the bottom on the top? Since warm air raises, it seems it would be best :|

just my little $0.02

the two halves are sealed chambers so it doesn't matter which is on top.

They pulled a stupid and decided to make the water block top out of aluminum = bad....

iandh on xs is working on a replacement in acrylic and delrin.

a guy on another forum contacted foxconn and they sent out a copper replacement! Dunno if they will do that for anyone though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom