Whats wrong with my New Gaming Rig?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fayt19

In Runtime
Hello, I just bought my new computer (see sig) and its REALLY fast and all but for some reason I expected more from the 8800GT...Im trying to play WoW and i have the graphics all on High yet I get drops down to 30FPS...and average at 50-80 FPS...I tried 1600x1200, 1280x1024, 800x600....I use a 19" Flat Screen CRT. I have the latest Drivers for the 8800GT, and ive tried 16x AF and 16x AA and ive turned both of them off...i get the same results..

That is awesome frames for that card! I don't know what you were expecting, but 50-80FPS on WoW is great! Especially for just an 8800GT! I think you are misunderstanding your results.

what? is WoW that demanding>? or is the 8800GT really not that good? i went from a 7950GT that got just about the same FPS...idk i just though Id have 100+ FPS at any given time...i mean its just WoW....

Odd. I run WoW at 1680x1050 with everything maxed, "multisampling" turned off (I believe that is AA?), and I get 60fps 24/7. I believe 60FPS must be the cap because I have never gotten higher, but perhaps there is a file you can edit to make the cap go higher. My setup is in my sig.

I would try running a different game to see how it performs, because in very crowded areas and with everything maxed out, WoW can get demanding. I was pretty sure there was a cap on FPS so perhaps 60fps is it? Either way I would try running other games to see how they compare.

Doesn't WoW have a Vertical Sync so that visual tearing doesn't occur? (I don't know never played it)

But if its enable it caps it so its stays under the Refresh Rate of the Monitor in game, try disabling that...

yea the most FPS i ever got was 61...i'm pretty sure they have it capped in the 60-70 area...so a constant 30+ fps even in the main cities is a good frame rate

Yes wow has vertical syncing. I keep mine on and stay pegged at 60. If you turn the view distances up in Wow it will bring down your framerates pretty hard. Check some of the options.

i dont have v-sync on and when i look up in the sky it can get as high as 450FPS but as soon as i look down its so unconsistant...i guess i just expected more out of a 8800GT...

sometimes its 100fps some times its 30 fps its just random...= \

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom