E8400 Compared to E7200

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenenbaum

In Runtime
i've been searching around the forums and have noticed some people suggesting a e7200 over a e8400

I was thinking about doing this...its cheaper.

Any reason why?

e7200 is cheaper because its got half the cache of the e8400 (3mb as opposed to 6mb) (e7200 has a 9.5x Multiplier over e8400's 9x)

But I really don't recommend the e8400 because you're paying $200 for a Dual-Core when a Quad-Core Q6600 is a bit cheaper and more future proof...

I'd say stick with the e7200 between those two..

or if you really want an e8400.. get a Q6600 instead

Isn't the E8400 better for gaming compared the q6600, especially in older games?

Yes, but more and more games are getting Quad Intensive so in the future games the performance you lose from a Quad, will be a bigger gain than the Dual has over the Quad right now

I don't play many new games, I'll probably just end up getting the e8400 for now and a newer quad core later on.

basically, the E8400 has twice the cache therefore is faster clock for clock, also it's binned a bit better so has a better chance of clocking higher.

However, the E7200 has more bang/buck at the moment in my opinion as it's loads cheaper and is easier to clock because it has a higher multiplier. You are pretty much guaranteed a 3.8-4ghz clock

Lol Nosboost not again....

Check SLIZone and buy a pre-owned one...

lol pre-owned.. i feel like i'm buying a car :p

hahah that won't be for a month or so though... my water cooling is finally up and running!!!

but its hotter than heck in my room

and i found my 2 UV blue lights... but, my switch is broken.. so i ordered an extra cathode... pictures soon...

my rad is also still broken.. ihave to have it slanting so it won't leak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom