Not fully booting

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eclipse7

In Runtime
Ok, I have 2 video cards laying around the house, one was in my PC, and ones in storage. I tried replacing the card with the one in storage, and the computer didnt boot, so I figured it didnt work and changed back to the one I was using.

Now, im using the one that was working as of 2 days ago. My computer will do one of 4 things:
It will power on, all fans, but the screen wont come on.
It will power on and get to the windows loading screen, and freeze in the middle of the fifth bar.
It will log on completely to the desktop, but freezes immediately.
Or the last most uncommon scenario is it boots up fine to the desktop, but doesnt get online.

Since its varying so much in scenarios, Im having a hard time coming up with what is wrong with it.

Now it is an old computer, Pentium 4, 7950GT 256. Bought it back in 04

Hello,

Can you get into Safe Mode at all? Sounds like you might be having a driver conflict from when you installed the new card.

Cheers,
Mak

Yes, I can get into safe mode, and actually just a few minutues ago I booted it up and it loaded to the desktop, however I dont know if it will again, could of just been luck. Internet still isnt working though. Ill try a restore.

Alright, i was able to do a system restore to before this problem started. it doesnt want to get online, ive checked the internet cable, and reset the routr. and im still having trouble booting up.

I just doublechecked, it didnt help. Still having trouble booting, and when I do I cant get online.

No conflicts in device manager? Not just under your video, but any devices conflicting?

Have you scanned for Virus and Spyware?

Could have fried part of the MB when replacing the card.

Well, I did notice that part of the motherboard.. not really sure what part. Under the CPU, it has a heatsink that is mostly black, and a little gray. I guess that would be evidence of frying something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom