how hot is too hot for a laptop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
honestly laptop cooling pads are a corperate draw to making easy mark up.
not only that but they brake within months depending on use.
mine lasted about 2 months before the fans broke. (sadly i did buy it from best buy so that may have been the reson.)
but all in all, i take my cover off the bottom of the laptop, an sit up on two books, from there let a fan run wind under it, an not that it really needs it i do it still.

so best bet use your head, an save some cash...
at least in my opinion

That has to be one of the worst comments i have EVER seen on TF. I bought a colling pad from WAL-MART. Over a year ago. Things still works today just like the day i bought it. Plus gues what. It does what it is supposed to. :eek::eek::eek:

It keeps my laptop cool. Corporate mark ups. Please not every single thing in the world is a conspiracy. Get over it.

My Rosewill pad is nice but I think the fans could spin faster if I used an external power supply. Most fans are rated at 12V instead of 5, wonder if I could possibly run them a bit higher, say, 7V or so and get more airflow. It'd also free up those precious few USB ports (only have 3 of them, 1 for mouse, 1 for keyboard, 1 for cooler, that means none left for other stuff).

As for Imperial units, I live in the USA but always measure my PC temps in degrees Celsius, it's pretty much the accepted standard for PC temperature measurements. I do agree the Metric system kicks our stupid system though in most ways, 10 is easier to remember than all the different conversions we have.

I might take mine apart and see if I can use a different power source sometime, first check the fans to see if they're labeled for a higher voltage, and if so, use whatever is the maximum voltage. The metal pad on the Rosewill cooler is nice, but the fans are kinda slow. USB isn't that good for fans as it only puts out 5v at 500mA, most fans are rated at 12V (your ATX desktop power supply puts out 3.3, 5, and 12V).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom