SilverStone TJ09 and ST1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

AP4LIFETN

Daemon Poster
So i have a chance to get the silverstone case and power supply for a decent price, what does everyone think of them? I was looking at the P182, but the silverstone is pretty pricey but i really don't hear much about it. Is it a better case then the P182? and if i get the power supply, ill probably resell it here since i won't use close to 1kW.

Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE TJ09-BW Black Aluminum ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases
Case

Newegg.com - SILVERSTONE ST1000 1000W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply 100 - 240 V RoHS, CE, FCC - Power Supplies
power supply

It seems to be well built with more retro/classic styling than the P182, but that's just about personal preference. Since you're the one that has to live with it, then read all of the reviews that you can and decide if that's the case for you.
While no case is perfect, a few flaws are easy enough to overlook if you really like the total package.
And price will be always be a factor so if you can get a good deal on it, then that can make a very nice case seem even sweeter.

BTW I didn't see any pictures of the P182 with it's plastic door open, but I found an outfit that sells one with a custom made window. Whether one prefers a window/door or not, they both have either/or....:)

Antec P182 Advanced Super Mid Tower with Bolt-on Window Products Model: P182-BOW [P182-BOW] : Performance-PCs.com, ... sleeve it and they will come

what is this "decent price" ? cause retail price is waay overkill imho, i couldn't justify spending more than $120 on a case :|

its a nice, solid case. Ready to be watercooled or whatever you want to do w/ it. There is a brand new TJ-07 and 1k psu on ebay going for $400. You might want to consider that

I am getting them both for approximately 400 if you factor in a couple other parts (q6600, etc), I was hoping to resell them both for ~400 since i would never use close to 1kW, or watercool.

i was thinking like 200 apiece on ebay or something, maybe not the case cuz i might actually use it, we'll see

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom