Purchase list for Skulltrail

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now i am reading that this system will still not be that much faster than a single quad due to having to run slower memory

The skulltrail setup currently gives less performance than single Quadcore processors as nothing is optimised to run on 8 cores, plus I don't believe there's an OS out there that can make use of more than 4 GB of RAM.

One more thing - That Mobo can take Quad-SLI...which also delivers less performance than normal SLI.

Actually Vista Home Premium and Ultimate 64bit can handle between 8-16GB of RAM and I think Ultimate can handle up to 32GB of RAM, but I may be recalling that last part incorrectly.

If you're trying to build a system that breaks records, you're better off investing in ONE high end quad, some expensive watercooling, a high end board with fast RAM, and a very good/overclockable video card. Much like the route veedub is taking, although he still hasn't upgraded his good ole' Q6600 yet.

Being able to address more than 4gb of memory is one thing. Being able to effectively use it is another. Unless your running the rig as a server you should never need more than 4gb's.

Also Skulltrail is dead, don't waste you money. Get a Mountain mods accension duality and run dual single processor setups inside it.

They can? Huh, I hadn't heard about that, thanks for enlightening me =]

But, aside from servers, what's the point in having that much RAM?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom