my addiction might be back

Status
Not open for further replies.
nope!! i held on to my money!!!

so its 780i/790i for me!!

thank god i waited for price cuts..and big ones at that! i see onboard ageia physics going a long way

hmm yea i could hold out a few months....but then when that comes out something else would be just about to come out.. and so on

So the winning move is not to play..lol....i love that movie

Just downloaded assassins creed last night. Looks bad *** and plays perfectly maxed out on a 24inch.....yea i know some of you have 30 inch plasmas...lol

actually.. its just a 40 inch lcd :p

lol!

i wanna buy a 24 incher again.. and put my tv to rest... just let it view tv and play some ps3

if you feel like saving some money.. sell your ultras and buy 2 4870's and a new mobo

btw.. are you using a 680i?

i will let you guys know what i am gunna do.

Nos, yes i am using a asus 680i

Also can you guys recommend a good crossfire mobo? I will research itm, but maybe you guys have first hand experience

Also... Does crossfire still use that cable in the back? I was just looking at a crossfire card on newegg Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-R487-512H-B Radeon HD 4870 512MB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards and i dont see a slot in the back for it

I would rather have an amd crossfire chipset... but the only sucky thing is that i have an intel cpu...... i am not switching over to an amd cpu................

How about this mobo? Newegg.com - ASUS RAMPAGE FORMULA LGA 775 Intel X48 ATX Intel Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

Ok change of direction here. Thinking a bout maybe scrapping my qx6700 and getting 2 cheaper quad core cpus and getting this skulltrail board. I do tons and tons of renering which is cpu intensive. It also says that this board supports crossfire

Newegg.com - Intel BOXD5400XS Dual LGA 771 Skulltrail D5400XS Extended ATX Motherboard - Intel Motherboards

if you have the money then its a good option, but if u get cheap quads, then they'l be about 2Ghz, and u wont get that much overclocking done by them due to poor oc'ing by FB-DIMMs - ur gonna have to shell out more dosh for them as well, so say byebye to ur current 8gb of ram :O :O :O

if you do get skulltrail.. i hope you get some xeon quad cores (socket 771) and not no qx cpu's.. otherwise ur spending an arm and a leg.. heck maybe even a testicle or two

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom