P4 heating up

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, looking back at my active monitor screencap, there's only 1 fan listed. do i need to set up anything special to have the other fans detected?

go in the howto of the speedfan, they got info how to configur the fans, nbormally 2 of them should be taken away, it only detects ur cpu fan

hm. i feel nothing when i put my hand over the cpu fan. that's not good, if it should be blowing away. i tried a reenactment. i had a fan blowing right toward me, and i lit a flame torch. sure enough, i got hot. note to self - point fan away. ok kidding, but why the hell is my fan not blowing the air away from the chip? not like i can put the damn thing in upside down, can i? maybe my hs/fan was made by the intel short bus team.

maybe it is blowing towards, i dunno, but i hafta put my hand real close to feel the air, try putting ur hand real close without touching it.

update - just found out the fan blows onto the cpu, so that's fine. and the rear fans don't have pin connectors, hence the 29 and 0 RPM. still want to know what's up though... i'm warm for no apparent reason. any other thoughts would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

hmm cant think of any, maybe u need a need heat sink, a sp94 with a tornado is nice, hehe. Thatl breing down ur temp quit a bit

thanks for all the help U-TOAST. i'm getting rid of my big ass IDE cables in swapping in some round ones, and may replace the 2 rear stock antec fans for some faster ones. hopefully that will bring it down 3-5C and i'll rest easy.

yeah I do believe my cpu fan blows ON the cpu because I have a smaller fan screwed into the corner of that one blowing down connected to my north bridge fan power cause I don't have a fan for the NB normally. The intake is in the back, sucks in cool air, and the cpu fans blown the cool air onto the hot heatsink. The coolermaster jet shows a diagram of how it works and its blowing air down whereas a fan has a deadspot right in the middle. but thats a whole other story

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom